Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Winter In Copenhagen

The recent snows have caused problems for a lot of people and it's hard to see the beauty of it when you are freezing or shoveling your way out of it. We are experiencing extremely cold weather here in Atlanta, but no snow at the moment. I am sure our time will come. It does bring back some good memories for me. Such as the wonderful winter vacation I took with my Danish partner several years ago. I dug through the photos I took and decided to paint one with the watercolor brushes in Photoshop. Of course I reworked the composition, etc., but in the end I was pleased with the results. I am now offering it on Fine Arts America where you can view it in a larger size and in all of the many formats they offer. Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous painting, Eva! Stay warm up there! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's warm here now, because I just found your comment. Sorry I am late thanking all of you!

      Delete
  2. Love the way you used watercolor brush, it looks very beautiful, it is nice to convert your own photos in to art pieces this way,a new door to creative pursuit I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Padmaja. I am sorry about the late reply. I have enjoyed converting my photos in Photoshop. Since I have learned a little more about Painter, painting from scratch and using photos as a reference is a lot more fun and challenging.

      Delete
  3. Brrrrr.....you captured the temperature of winter, Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful sunlight between the branches, Eva. I enjoy the snow especially when it's clean and fresh. Is the finished piece considered a photo or a painting? Photoshop confuses me, but it's beautiful regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I think it is still considered a photo or mix media. Thanks for you comments. Again sorry I am late with my reply.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...