Translate

Monday, January 23, 2006

Digital Photograms


Still inspired by photograms, I decided to play with the idea of creating a pseudo photogram using my scanner ( scannergram?) and Photoshop. I scanned several junk items into Photoshop then inverted the image to create a negative. Quick and simple. To take it a step further I added a color layer to try and imitate Thomas Barrow's technique of spray painting and stenciling on top of the photogram. To push the color enhancement I used digital filters. Something that could have been done without Photoshop in the darkroom with actual negatives or slides. It was a fun experiment and something that I’m sure I will incorporate in future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...