Translate

Monday, November 01, 2010

Sudoku



I have noticed as I age that my memory is slipping. Every time I hear or read about something recommended for memory loss I check it out. In one of the Real Age newsletters that I receive, the game of Sudoku was their latest recommendation. I went to their online game site and let me tell you I was shocked at how something that appears to be so simple was such a brain drain! It is like a Rubik’s cube with numbers! Not to be defeated I have spent days trying to master this thing. I finally was able to beat the beginner’s level and I stopped, since everything has been on hold since I started. I have not picked up a brush, or pasted a piece of paper. I decided to do a digital collage of the game to justify all the left-brain stuff that has held me hostage. If you are interested in escaping for a few hours, or like me, days, you can find the game here. Enjoy!

.

10 comments:

  1. Three years ago my grandchildren (probably my daughter's idea) sent me a Sudoku puzzle book for my birthday. I spent many days trying to figure out the logic--nothing else got done. I accused them of trying to give me a stroke and put the book under my trashcan for a while. I now enjoy them but I remember the frustration. (And I've always liked math.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally tried Sudoku on my iTouch- it always looked too hard- but I find it fairly easy to just touch the numbers into the right place- easy to change around and try in another spot- and my memory needs a lot of help. love your collage by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the visual elements of this collage and don't even want to think about how to work on the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >Hi Hallie.My hat's off to you that you were able to start in a book. At least the online game gives a little help to get started..My father was a math wizard, he would have loved sudoku. I just like numbers.

    >Donna, I don't have an iTouch, but the online game is easy to move the numbers around. I bought a book of sudoku and what a mess I made of erasing {:O) Thanks for the kudos!

    >Thank you Robin !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I'd say the brain is in pretty good order all round if you can manage the technology and also the creativity to create this lovely collage. I am always drawn to anything with a little text. Love the colours too, the warmth of autumn, but somehow with a lightness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZenDotStudio~Thanks for your reminder that some things are still functioning in my old 'nogin' even if it does take me a little longer than it use to and I often forget to save my working files.I appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. by the way, your comment to my post mentioned Al Brouillete-- I took a workshop from him years ago and have his wonderful book. I met his daughter Maureen a few years ago and we have become friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so fortunate to have known such a talented and nice man aren't we Donna. How nice that you have become friends with his very talented daughter. Her collages are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eva
    Well if Sudoku led you to this wonderfully rich collage it is all for the good...it's lovely.
    I too tried this game and found it rather addictive...I decided to exercise my brain in the studio...I'd say that you're doing an admirable job of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, Thank you for your kind words. I promised myself I would get away from the computer and work in the studio today also!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...