Translate

Sunday, August 07, 2016

I'm Back!



Time seems to move so much faster for me now. Also at my age I am moving a lot slower and I don’t get as much done as I use to. I don’t have trouble going for snacks in the kitchen or taking naps, but getting down to my studio to work takes a lot more effort. Strange considering that my excuse this past winter was it was too cold to be down there. Now with the hot summer it’s the most comfortable place in the house. I must confess procrastination has been my Achilles Heel most of my life. My sneaky mind has also created something to side rail me when I’m working. I call it creative procrastination. I think these days its labeled ADD, attention deficit disorder. Whatever it is I manage to come up with a new idea and find myself abandoning what I am working on. As a result nothing gets finished. I am sure there are a lot of you that can relate to that. All of this leads to what I dealing with now and that is I am trying to write another eBook! It’s been in the planning stage for months. I have notes and bits and pieces of artwork for it all over my house and in my journals. In the meantime other artists are selling classes and posting the same thing I am doing on Facebook! I keep telling myself that everyone has a different take on their art just like a Picasso will not be the same as another artist’s work. There is room for everyone and there is no copyright on subject matter. I feel like the proverbial turtle in The Tortoise and The Heir. I may win my race of finishing my eBook if I just stick with it. I would share what the subject is, but until it’s finished I don’t want to jinx it. In the meantime check out my other eBook at www.artistebooks.com  .They cost less than I paid for the license at ClipartOf.com for little old lady cartoon, which I modified and added the art supplies! I try to honor copyright laws. I wish everyone did.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I can totally empathize because I share your affliction of procrastination. But it sounds to me like rather than procrastinating, you needed the time to gel the book in your mind, and to accumulate the stuff you need for the book. I'm sending lots of good vibes your way, and looking forward to you book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Kathy for your support and rational observation about my dilemma! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creativity and a sense of humor! Two things I love! Just remember - there are many people who don't even enter the race! And if I remember - I believe it is the tortoise who won in the end:) I am not only a fan - but in awe of your talent and drive! So thrilled to see you creating again - in art and in the book! Good luck - and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful to see your comments, Melissa.Thank you so much for your encouragement and support. Now I have to finish the eBook! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...