Translate

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

                                              "Fall Abundance"             digital collage          © Eva Macie

Every few years the sounds of acorns falling on my roof like a hailstorm invade my peace. My usual response is to be upset about the noise they make. However, this year, with all the storms and hurricanes, I am thankful that my oak trees are still standing, and that I have a roof over my head. I hope that in the spring, I will be able to hire someone to remove the branches hanging over my roof.

I have not been posting due to all the health problems I have encountered. While running some tests for the corporal tunnel syndrome, they discovered I have stage 3 chronic kidney disease. Needless to say, I have been in a state of shock and fear. I pray that with a proper diet, controlling my blood pressure, increasing my fluid intake and exercise, I can arrest it or slow down the progression. I guess when you get to my age everyday is a gift. Years of intense, stressful living and unhealthy habits have caught up with me. My advice to everyone is to watch your blood pressure, drink plenty of fluids, avoid NSIADs, if possible, and if you are diabetic, follow your doctor’s orders. Although I am not over weight and do not have diabetes, I understand that these, along with high blood pressure, are heavy contributors to kidney failure. Even though the doctors should have noticed this a few years ago, I am again thankful that they discovered this before it got to stage 4.

May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you see the gifts in everything!

Eva

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Eva I'm sorry to hear this! I hope your changes will help you feel better and ease some of your fears. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers Eva, get well soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carole. I will know if my changes helped in February when I have my next blood work done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind Padmaja. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think awareness is the best first step toward better health, no matter what age you are. I am thankful to have made your acquaintance online, Eva and wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Robin. I too have enjoyed being part of your internet community and watching you emerge and grow with your art. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care, Eva, and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did! Thank you Hallie, I hope yours was great too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been missing you. Making changes will definitely help...you have a good attitude and that is absolutely necessary. I wish you the best healing between now and February. Take care, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Mary Ann. I am sure the new diet along with the help of my God will help!Staying busy is the key :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you all the best, and hope that with some changing in your lifestyle you will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Jane. I appreciate your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...