Translate

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Good Advice from Chuck Close



Recently I posted a video on YouTube that I recorded from a CBS This Morning show’s ‘Note To Self’. It is about the renowned artist Chuck Close. Chuck’s teachers told him in eighth grade not to even think of going to college, because of some of learning disabilities. His story is amazing and he offers very sound advice to all artists or anyone for that matter. I could write what he said, but I think it would be better to watch and listen to him as he speaks. It will have more meaning. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Eva. I have loved Chuck Close's work for many years. It was truly profound listening to this man speak his truth. So much wisdom, so much heart. Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate and totally agree with your comments about Chuck Close. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck Close speaks to our hearts through these words and through his portraits. Wonderful artist.
    Thanks for posting this Eva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Carole. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. His magnificent art has always left me baffled!
    Just the kind of stuff I needed for myself today, thanks Eva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you commenting Padmaja, and that you benefited from Chuck's story and advice.

      Delete
  5. what a fantastic video clip, what a fantastic artist.
    "everyone needs to feel special" is going to stick with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin. I hoped that you would watch this as I remembered you commenting about a woman who questioned your encaustic technique. Chuck's advice was not to let anyone define what you are capable of. I am glad you didn't :O)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for posting this ! wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pleased you were inspired. Thanks for commenting. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...