Translate

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Sketching in Painter.






Recently I have been taking some classes learning how to use Painter. It has been fun, but I have used Photoshop for so many years, it is hard for me to switch. The brushes have so many controls and there are so many panels you have to have open that the clutter takes over the desktop! It reminds me of my studio with all of the brushes and paints crowding my workspace.

So far I have enjoyed drawing the most because it doesn't require so much stuff. Just two colors, a  hard pastel pencil and an eraser. My model is from my collection of vintage photos. I used a scan of one of my actual collaged papers for the background.

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is wonderful! I have just recently retired from my gov job and bought painter too. One of my goals is to learn to use it. I have just cracked it open but have barely tried it as yet. Looking forward to the challenge. :)

    Cheers Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, thank you so much for your comment. Good luck with learning Painter. It took me forever, but with the help of YouTube and Karen Bonaker, I am making progress.

      Delete
  2. Eva this is just gorgeous! Your work is amazing and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Barbara. Painter has been a life saver this winter.Painting from my easy chair is addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva. This is splendid.
    AkdM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...