Translate

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Graphic Grunge





Some of the things I am trying to achieve, using Painter X3, are the look of traditional materials. Of course, my biggest obstacle is learning how to use this complicated program and managing all of the brush controls. That is why I am taking an online class.

Previously I painted a semi realistic oil sketch, Old Street Woman’. Since I felt I achieved the look of traditional oil paint, I decided this time to be more abstract and graphic. I chose to use line, just as I would with thin paint, markers, pastel and other materials. I also wanted a grunge effect that I admire in works of other graphic artists. I really liked the messy, spontaneous results. I plan to explore more ways to paint in this style.
*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...