Translate

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Upsetting news for digital marketers

www.sherv.net



The European Union (EU) is introducing some new tax regulations that will be a nightmare for digital sellers. From January 1, 2015, EU VAT will be charged in the country where products are bought as opposed to the country where they are sold. The legislation applies to digital products only, such as e-books, online courses or downloads. The amount of work for the sellers will be awful.


As of 1st Jan 2015, to comply with the changes, digital sellers will need to:
Identify the location of their customers
Calculate the correct VAT rates (28 countries in the EU, 75 different rates of VAT)
Submit a quarterly EU MOSS VAT return
Store evidence for 10 years

Dealing with the USA Internal Revenue is bad enough, but at my age and not having an accountant, this is more than I can deal with. Unfortunately, this means on I will no longer be able to sell my eBooks, e courses, and other digital products to anyone who lives in The European Union area after Dec. 31, 2014. I am so sorry about this. Therefore, if you are in this area and you have been putting off a purchase of my digital products the deadline is looming or contact me about it.

There is a petition going around at Change.org I have signed it and hope you will too if this affects you or those you care about. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.Your comments are important to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...